Here we go! Back to Kakuma this week. I leave today and should get there on Friday morning. I’ll meet up with team of 2 from Wheaton College/Humanitarian Disaster Institute in Nairobi on Thursday.
The highest purpose of the trip is to deepen relationships with our refugee friends in Kakuma. Other objectives include:
- Offering an intensive week of integrated theology and trauma care training for church leaders
- Assessing progress on the KISOM Building Project
- Assessing progress on the IDP Water Project
- Confirming that the 700 Bibles in various languages made it to the refugee churches
- Meet with the 5 refugee/IDP girls who are receiving full IAFR high school scholarships
- Listening to and consulting with our refugee partners in the camp
It’s going to be a full 2 weeks! I am deeply grateful to those who take time to keep us in their prayers!